The development Social Responsibility (CSR) in Plataforma Educativa Foundation emanates from its institutional values, generally collected on the value of COMMITMENT:
We want to be an ethical organization, professional and respectful with people and the environment.
The new measures of CSR implemented in Plataforma Educativa are:
• Social benefits for workers, endeavoring to give the maximum possible coverage to the needs of the staff. For this reason we have implemented the following measures:
- Signing of collaboration agreements with various retailers and suppliers to offer discounts on products and services. The retailers with which we have agreement are: Shen Girona, Salt Municipal Pool, Tobacco Stop Center, Midiquatre, Ca Estamenya Rural Accommodation, Optic Centers Maestre Group, Optical Milent, Mima't, Pont del Demoni Bar, Sabadell Bank and Infoself.
- Implementation of a flexible work beginning and finishing schedule.
- The staff can divide their holidays into four periods.
- The schedule can be reduced and flexibilized when having a newborn child.
- Each worker has an e-mail account to be informed of any aspect of the organization.
- Preference is given to schedule all meetings in the morning.
- There is a bag of hours (flexible usage of work periods).
- There is a protocol for the prevention, denunciation and punishment of sexual harassment or gender discrimination.
- There is a training plan for all employees.
- There is a suggestions box.
- The contest of extraordinary grants for all the workers is created anually.
- There is a dining ‘office’ for all staff.
- A free medical examination is offered annually to all employees.
- Time off periods without reward can be requested.
• Amendment of Plataforma Educativa’s Policy.
• Identify stakeholders.
• Review of the internal and external communication procedure.
- We have designed a participation system that includes a Plan for internal and external communication and a Plan for employee participation in the functioning and dynamics of the organization. We’ll also include in this process our presence in the media.
• Establish criteria for selecting suppliers.
Measures for the lessening of environmental impact
• Measures in the office to reduce the negative environmental impacts:
- Water: water flow reducers, use of gray water in the office, installing mixer tap faucets.
- Energy: Installation of presence sensors in the office, large windows and openings to capture natural light entering the office.
- Waste: office ceiling made with recycled wood scraps, office assembling base made from removable modules which will not generate waste debris in the future; selective collection of waste, collection of oils and household batteries of workers…
- Use of a passive ventilation system with an air exchanger.
Plataforma Educativa, in order to environmentally aware the staff, has prepared a Manual of Good Environental Practices in the Office, and subsequently has collaborated in the preparation of a Guide of Good Environmental Practices in the Office, edited by the Regional Council of Girona and in collaboration with other four organizations.
We have also done training and awareness activities aimed at the entire staff, based on our Manual of Good Environmental Practices in the Office.
The planning and management of social responsibility has meant a 0.15% of the resources for the management of CSR, and a 73.9% of efficiency of the CSR management system of the organization.
In terms of corporate social responsibility we have participated in the CSR-PIME (Small and Medium Enterprise) Program, and we also made the Code of Ethics of the organization.
Copyright © 2011 Plataforma educativa | Avis legal | Crèdits